Banana Banana Muffin
Banana Banana Muffins
I LOVE banana bread, but I hate having to wait an hour for it to cook. The solution? Make muffins, of course! This secret ingredient to this recipe is the brown sugar on top, which turns into this sweet caramel while it bakes and melds beautifully with the banana. (Think Bananas Foster but without the alcohol and fire. Hmm, come to think of it, a little splash of rum extract would be a great variation if you wanted to go for that flavor….. 🙂 ) The best part is that you can make these the night before and they taste even better the next morning, perfect for those of us who have their hands full with little ones. 🙂
4 overripe bananas, smashed (about 2 cups)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar + extra for topping
2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 325 and line muffin cups with liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
- Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and sprinkle with brown sugar on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!
*Recipe adapted from Allrecipes